Saturday, September 20, 2008

Creepy hotels...


Hey hey hey! Just got back from Melaka. Phew... drove there about 3 something just now, and helped to facilitate another Round Table Discussion on lutein. The doctors there (paeds) were not exactly very friendly, unlike my own hometown's. At least they (Kuching ones) TALK to me. Not just ask me questions (like in an interrogation) but really engage me in a conversations. Like what they are crazy about, e.g. durian ice cream... mmmmm...

Hmmm... oh well. Food was so so... nothing fantastic... Location? Majestic Hotel. Room rates were bloody expensive... One night's stay in the cheapest room costs USD250++!!! Yup, I know you think that is bloody expensive too... That's why I never put up a night there but chose to drive straight home to KL after the event. Plus, the place creeps me out... all those old portrait paintings, antique wooden furnitures, dim yellow lights, right behind a hospital, etc.... Hmmm... No thanks! Here's a picture of the front of the hotel, taken from
their website:






Scary huh? Wait till you see those portraits. Give me free also I wouldn't want to put up a night there. Not that I am scared of ghosts, but, given a choice, I wouldn't want to meet them... It's like knowingly jumping into a pool of piranhas and then praying and asking God to protect you and maybe make the piranhas give you a doctor fish pedicure... LOL



4 Comments:

Blogger jaimes said...

Wei! Majestic Hotel is not as bad as you put it, dude. It has the YTL trademark 5-star treatment and looks very very posh. I heard the spa there is nice too.

If the hospital freaks you out, just ask for rooms that face the opposite direction...actually you don't want the hospital side rooms too cos, people can peep into your room from the hospital window! *haha*

Otherwise, like this...when you go to Malacca and don't want to stay the night, tell me...I'll go stay for your company's behalf. Deal?

Monday, September 22, 2008 5:42:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Aheheheh... probably u ppl r right... maybe I "freaked out" because of the room rates... ;)

But honestly, do u know how close the hotel rooms are to the hospital??? Ppl or "ppl" could practically knock on your room's... :0

Monday, September 22, 2008 6:09:00 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Naaaah...it's for people like me who are attending cases in the operating theatre who can peep into the rooms and see what the happy holiday-makers are doing inside. *evil grin*

Monday, September 22, 2008 8:27:00 AM  
Blogger John said...

Tsk tsk tsk... Didn't know that "that" is one of your job perks... BAH!

Kids, don't do this at home!

Monday, September 22, 2008 9:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home